Divine is a lawyer at the Cameroon Bar Association since 2015.
Divine holds an LLM (with distinction) in international business law from the London School of Economics, an LLM in human rights law from the University of Pretoria South Africa, a post graduate diploma in business law and a licence en droit, both from the University of Yaounde II – Soa.
Before joining Z&P, Divine served as an associate, then senior associate at the Marie-Andrée Ngwe law firm for nine years, where he developed and honed his interest and skills in secured financing, investments, dispute resolution, commercial and corporate law and project financing.
Divine joined Z&P in October 2019 and has since advised foreign and domestic corporate clients on various aspects of their transactions in Cameroonian. He has been involved in the following:
- Advising Moroccan bank BCP in its acquisition of Cameroonian bank BICEC (ongoing)
- Advising BME Bank International PLC on the financing of the development of solar grids within 15 rural councils in Cameroon (ongoing)
- Advising Douala Retail and Convention Centre in the construction of the Douala Grand Mall (ongoing)
- Advised Ecobank in its 100 million dollar loan to IHS in the acquisition of MTN telecoms towers in Cameroon. Advised on security law (drafted pledge of bank account agreement and pledge of business agreement) and on consents, permits and authorizations under Cameroon’s telecommunications laws and regulations.
- Advised International Finance Corporation (IFC) on a 12 million Euro loan to a société civile immobilière in Douala for the construction of a multi-purpose real estate complex in Douala. Advice covered the OHADA Uniform Act organising securities, corporate law (legal due diligence on a société anonyme and a société civile), land law, commercial leases under OHADA law, general commercial law. Drafted of security agreements over present and future movable and immovable assets, and prepared a due diligence report
- Advised Société Générale London in its 30 million dollar loan to Rodeo Development Limited in respect of the latter’s Logbaba gas transportation project in Douala. Advised on security law (drafted pledge of bank account agreement and pledge of business agreement), petroleum law, electricity law, corporate law and general commercial law
- Advised IFC in its equity subscription in Activa Finances Ltd. Advised on the registration of derivatives and other commercial contracts, security agreements, drafting and perfecting security agreements, preparing legal opinions, commercial leases and advised on aspects of Cameroonian law
- Advised Diageo plc on the Guinness Overseas Holdings’s transfer of its 92% equity stake in Guinness Cameroon S.A. to Heron. Advised on share transfers under Cameroonian corporate law, foreign investments and exchange control regulations, competition law and the labour law aspects of mergers and acquisitions
- Advised US energy giant AES Corporation in its USD 220 million sale to Actis of its 56 per cent equity stake in AES Cameroon. Carried out due diligence on AES Cameroon and advised on corporate governance, competition law, labour law, water and environmental pollution law, and prepared the legal opinion
-Advised the Cameroon Oil Transportation Company (COTCO) on the 89 million dollar modification of the Chad-Cameroon Pipeline within the framework of the Lom-Pangar dam project. Advised on a broad range of complex legal issues including oil transportation law, the COTCO–Republic of Cameroon pre-financing agreement, pledges over bank accounts, escrow agreements, and drafted legal opinions on the project
- Advised Shell Upstream International on the sale of their 80% equity interest in Pecten. Advised on the governmental consents related to the transfer of equity interests under the Petroleum Code, competition law and OHADA corporate law
- Advised Castle Harlan Inc (a US private equity firm) in relation to the acquisition of offshore oil drilling rigs from Noble Corporation. Advised on labour law, maritime law, company formation under OHADA law, environmental law and prepared a due diligence report
- Advised Sundance Resources Ltd on its mining investments in Mbalam in the East Region of Cameroon. Advised on land law, unincorporated joint ventures under OHADA law, labour law, investment law, ports law, securities law and mining law
-Advised AES Corporation on their sale to Actis of their shareholding in Dibamba Power Development Company and in Kribi Power Development Company, including advise on “change of control” requirements under shareholders’ agreement, advise on competition law and on electricy law.